We take the safety of our guests, restaurant owners and employees VERY seriously and want to ensure we do everything in our power to make Parkville Market a safe space during these unprecedented times. With that said, we thought it would be helpful to list the steps we are taking.
- We have officially installed Clean Air Technology at the market. See below for more details OR visit their website here.
- Floor decals and signage are spread throughout the market to remind our guests of social distancing. We also have a community officer that helps to ensure everyone is following these guidelines.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times unless the individual is seated at a table. If standing, a mask should be worn.
- 20 stalls located on our second floor have been turned into private dining rooms that each hold a maximum of 8 people to encourage socially distanced dining. Each table, both upstairs and down, are disinfected by our team in between each use.
- Hand sanitizer stations are spread both inside and outside the market for easy access.
- Each vendor and customer facing employee is required to wear a face mask at all times.
- All of our vendors are required to follow state guidelines for proper food service protocols.
- No smoking is permitted on the premises.
- For those who are uncomfortable dining out we have created curbside pickup and delivery options!
What is a COVID Air Program?
A system to create cleaner air indoors by reducing concentrations of airborne pathogens (such as viruses, bacteria, mold and VOCs) through the use of enhanced methods that extend already-in-place efforts (like masks and distancing) to limit spread and enhance safety.
Why a COVID Air program?
The Centers for Disease Control indicates that the primary method of person-to-person transmission of the Coronavirus is through the air. Sometimes it is through close contact, while other times it is exposure to the virus in small droplets that can stay suspended in the “air for minutes to hours”.
Aren’t masks and distancing enough?
No. People emit aerosolized droplets when they speak, laugh, sneeze, etc.. Infected people emit infected droplets, some of which can escape most face coverings being worn today. As noted, these droplets linger in stagnant indoor air and spread the virus.
How does cleaner air help?
-Enhances safety by reducing the likelihood of virus spread inside a business or facility.
-Helps our collective effort to ‘stop the spread’.
-Alerts users to a more comfortable, aware, and welcoming setting.
-Delivers a more positive experience leading to repeat visits, recommendations, and sales.
Why do businesses need a Program?
-Signals a commitment to customer and employee safety.
-Reduces transmission pathways lowering risk to facility users.
-Supports business continuity and provides differentiation/distinction
-Can I get one for my home or dorm room?
-Scalable solutions are available to provide cleaner air in virtually any type of space or setting. Multiple technologies provide options that range from stand-alone units (suitable for rooms like recreation spaces, dorm suites, living areas) to in-duct devices that might serve an entire structure.
-Include the use of pro-active technologies (link to references page) with demonstrated effectiveness at killing the Corona and other viruses.
-Designed and installed according to industry standards and manufacturer recommendations in concert with any existing ventilation and filtration.
-Measured, verified, and deployed by qualified, licensed professionals.